RACI (the RIPE Academic Cooperation Initiative) will provide up to five students and researchers with complimentary tickets and transport to RIPE 68, and accommodation for the duration of the meeting.
RIPE 68 will take place from 12-16 May 2014 at the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel in Poland.
The RIPE community has strong ties with the academic and research sector ever since the beginning of the Internet in Europe, and the goal of RACI is to strengthen those ties while promoting the work of talented students and researchers in Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
RACI provides selected students and researchers with complimentary tickets to the RIPE Meetings, which last five days and regularly attract over 500 attendees from the Internet community. RACI tickets entitle the academics to attend all RIPE Meeting sessions, lunches, and social events at the meeting venue. RACI will also cover the costs of transport and accommodation, which RACI will organise in advance for successful applicants.
The initiative is coordinated with the RIPE Programme Committee to allow the RACI academics to present their research at RIPE Meeting. This is an outstanding opportunity for students and researchers to present their research and network with some of the key figures in the Internet world.
Sponsorship Package and Benefits
Applicants selected by RACI will receive free entry to RIPE 68, including all sessions and social events. RACI will arrange and pay for transport to and from Warsaw, as well as accommodation during the event.
These scholars will also:
- Present their research at the upcoming RIPE Meeting to approximately 500 members of the technical community
- Receive valuable input and critique regarding their work from industry experts and attendees
- Experience the professional networking environment with parties from a variety of nations and backgrounds, and get their perspectives on current topics of interest
- Network with the “movers and shakers” of Internet infrastructure and governance, enhancing career and development prospects – previous RIPE Meeting attendees and sponsors have included some of the biggest names in related industries
- Publish their work to the technical and Internet community at large via RIPE Labs, a public platform frequented by network operators, developers and industry experts
RACI applicants must meet the stipulations specified in the Guidance Notes.
Applicants may wish to propose presentations on research in these areas, which are discussed at RIPE Meetings:
- Network measurement and analysis
- IPv6 deployment
- BGP routing
- Network security
- Internet governance
However, this list is not exhaustive and the community is open to all relevant topics of interest.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 25 April 2014.
Successful applicants will be informed by Friday 2 May 2014.
We are no longer considering RACI applications for RIPE 68 in Warsaw. All applications received after 25 April 2014 will be considered for RACI at RIPE 69, in London, to be held from 3-7 November, 2014.